BronxWorks has a housing specialist dedicated to helping seniors apply for senior housing as well as with various housing issues. Our housing specialist mediates tenant-landlord disputes, helps resolve rent and utilities arrears, and assists seniors with applying for subsidies, benefits and entitlements and other forms of assistance.
Due to COVID-19, all New York City Senior Centers are currently closed.
We are providing telephone outreach. Contact us if you need assistance.
Maria Rivera, Department Director
Heights Neighborhood Senior Center
200 W Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10453
Maritza Ortiz, Program Coordinator
Our housing specialist helps with:
- Accessing public assistance, emergency food sources, legal services, and other help as needed
- Completing applications for housing subsidy programs
- Mediating disputes with landlords
- Navigating housing court
- Resolving utilities arrears
- Reviewing leases and legal documents
The Senior Housing Assistance Program is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.