BronxWorks has a housing specialist dedicated to helping seniors apply for senior housing as well as with various housing issues. Our housing specialist mediates tenant-landlord disputes, helps resolve rent and utilities arrears, and assists seniors with applying for subsidies, benefits and entitlements and other forms of assistance.
Maria Rivera, Department Director
Heights Neighborhood Older Adult Center (services moved to Morris and East Concourse temporarily)
200 W Tremont Ave
Bronx, NY 10453
Maritza Ortiz, Program Coordinator
Our housing specialist helps with:
- Accessing public assistance, emergency food sources, legal services, and other help as needed
- Completing applications for housing subsidy programs
- Mediating disputes with landlords
- Navigating housing court
- Resolving utilities arrears
- Reviewing leases and legal documents
The Senior Housing Assistance Program is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.