Burying your loved ones can be incredibly difficult and costly.
The BronxWorks COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Program provides financial support for burial expenses for those impacted by COVID-19 related deaths between January 2020 and present day.
- Must be a family member or person responsible for the burial of a deceased person who suffered a COVID-19-related death between January 2020 and now
- Do not qualify for government benefit due to immigration status
- Must be a New York City resident (both deceased and applicant)
- ID Required
- Must have receipt from funeral home
- Can’t be already eligible for FEMA or State burial funds
- Did not already receive burial assistance funds
- Applicant must have a copy of death certificate
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Tahmina Akter at 646.629.3249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is December 1, 2021.